The website EatThis.com put together a list of the worst things you can have for breakfast, in different categories. So, things like the least healthy cereal, and worst fast food breakfast sandwich. Here’s the list . . .
- Worst cereal: Honey Smacks. One bowl has 15 grams a sugar, which is more than Frosted Flakes or Cap’n Crunch. And it’s coated in partially hydrogenated oil, which has trans fat.
- Worst donut: Dunkin’ Donuts Blueberry Butternut. It has 35 grams of sugar, and 420 calories, which is more than any other donut on the menu.
- Worst breakfast burrito: Taco Bell’s A.M. Crunchwrap with Sausage. 710 calories and 47 grams of fat.Unless you’re eating a whole 12-pack of their Cinnabon dessert things, the A.M. Crunchwrap has more fat than anything else on the menu.
- Worst fast food breakfast sandwich: The Monster Biscuit from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. It has as much fat and calories as the A.M. Crunchwrap, but TWICE as much salt.
- Worst breakfast that SOUNDS healthy: A Dunkin’ Donuts Multigrain Bagel with Reduced Fat Strawberry Cream Cheese. It’s 500 calories, has 17 grams of fat, and is pretty much nothing but carbs.
- Worst pancakes: Denny’s Peanut Butter Cup Pancake Breakfast. They’re stuffed with chocolate, and have hot fudge and peanut butter on top. You also get sausage, eggs, and hash browns, so it’s 1,670 calories, with 105 grams of fat.
- Worst omelette: The Chorizo Fiesta Omelette at IHOP. 1,300 calories and106 grams of fat. And you can add pancakes, which is another 700 calories.
- Worst overall breakfast: The Cheesecake Factory’s Bruleéd French Toast. It has 2,780 calories, and as much saturated fat as six cheeseburgers from Sonic.