Do you know anyone who says “supposably” instead of “supposedly”? The first one is wrong, so they look as dumb as Joey from “Friends”. But if you point it out, YOU feel like a jerk.
Here are five more common phrases we get wrong all the time . . .
1. “For all intensive purposes.” It’s really “for all INTENTS and purposes.” The other way is like saying, “for all these very thorough purposes.” Which doesn’t make sense.
2. “Nip it in the butt.” The correct phrase is “nip it in the BUD,” like a flower bud. The other way makes it sound like you want to BITE someone’s butt.
3. “One in the same.” If you say it like that, it doesn’t make sense. The real phrase is, “one AND the same,” which means two things are alike.
4. “Case and point.” The correct way to say it is, “case IN point.” It’s like saying, “Here’s an example of the point I’m trying to make.”
5. “I could care less.” If you say it like that, you’re really saying you DO care about something. The correct phrase is, “I COULDN’T care less.”
Here’s one more weird one: “You’ve got another thing coming” is technically wrong.
The original phrase was, “If that’s what you think, you’ve got another THINK coming.” We dropped the first part a long time ago, and now everyone says “thing.” So in that case, you sound like an idiot if you say it RIGHT.
There’s a guy in Kentucky who did something INSANELY stupid last week to try to get attention. And he IS getting it . . . just not the way he wanted.
21-year-old Johnny Mullins from Jenkins, Kentucky is an aspiring weatherman. He’s been posting videos of himself making weather forecasts on Facebook for a little while now, but he hasn’t built much of a following.
There have been a lot of wildfires in his area lately, so he came up with the horrible idea to SET ONE and film himself in front of it to try to get attention to his videos.
The cops quickly traced the fire back to him, and he was arrested for second-degree arson.
Fortunately no one was hurt in the fire, and the fire department was able to contain it.
And Johnny’s video about the fire only got a few thousand views on Facebook.
Ever been looking at your phone in bed and accidentally dropped it on your FACE? Of course you have. And you almost certainly felt like an idiot when it happened, like everyone else. But at least you’re not alone.
According to a new survey, 60% of us have dropped our phone on our face when we were using it lying down.
And 13% of people have walked into something like a pole or a wall because they were staring down at their phone.
Of course, we also have plenty of dumb injuries that AREN’T caused by our phones . . .
35% have tripped over a pet.
28% have accidentally hammered their fingers instead of a nail.
Comedy Central has released the first promo for their upcoming roast of JUSTIN BIEBER, and it shows Justin shirtless and being pelted with EGGS in slow motion.
Obviously, this is a reference to Justin egging his neighbor’s house last year . . . when he was going through his dumb stupid kid phase. And no, we’re not yet convinced that he’s grown out of that.
The roast will tape in a few weeks, and air on March 30th.
(Here’s the video. Even though Justin is getting egged, he still manages to come out looking good . . . because he’s all oiled up and showing off his body. Hopefully, this isn’t an indication of how the roast will go.)