You’re not going to believe this, but according to a new study, drinking TEQUILA helps you lose weight. And not just because it makes you vomit out the contents of your stomach.
Tequila is made from an agave plant. And researchers found that some of the natural sugars in that plant do GREAT things for you.
They lower your blood sugar . . . they help make you feel fuller . . . and they help healthy bacteria grow in your mouth and intestines.
Now . . . this doesn’t really mean that if you want to lose weight, you can eat whatever you want as long as you finish it off with five tequila shots.
The researchers just say that if you ARE out drinking and you want to order something that won’t derail your weight loss progress, tequila might just be the best option.
Before you get too drunk to remember these, here are six random stats about St. Patrick’s Day . . .
1. 56% of us are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year.
2. 83% of those people will wear green.
3. We’ll spend a total of $5.3 BILLION celebrating it this year . . . or about $38 per person.
4. Worldwide, we’ll drink 13 million pints of Guinness today.
5. We’ll eat 70% more cabbage this week than normal.
6. And St. Patrick’s Day is just the FOURTH most popular drinking holiday. The top three are New Year’s, Christmas, and the Fourth of July.
A therapist recently posted a list online of eight signs you’re on the verge of a nervous breakdown. If only a few of them apply, you might just be a little stressed out. But if they ALL sound way too familiar, take it seriously . . .
- You have escape fantasies. Like you want to pick up and leave everything behind.
- You feel like you have no downtime. Which is common if you have kids. But it can also be a sign of anxiety and depression.
- You struggle to make simple decisions. It might be because your body’s producing too much of the stress hormone cortisol.
- You’ve stopped socializing completely. You don’t even WANT to, because you’re too overwhelmed with everything else. So it feels like work.
- You can’t sleep. It’s a classic sign of anxiety and depression.
- You’re having panic attacks. Obviously it’s a sign you’re dealing with major anxiety.
- You’re self-sabotaging. A common example is going out drinking when you know you have to wake up early. Stress-eating is another one.
- It feels like you keep failing at everything. Which probably isn’t true. But if you feel like you’re constantly failing at work AND at home, you might be depressed.
Redneck costume, complete with mullet.
Here are some great zingers/dad jokes to help you get into the Halloween spirit.
Behold, the Top Signs You’re At A Redneck Halloween Party
- That zombie who’s missing the bottom half of his face is actually a guy who got mouth cancer from Redman.
- The only thing that’s really scary is the giant Confederate flag on the living room wall.
- It’s your first time hearing “Don’t Fear the Reaper” played by a guy blowing into a jug.
- All the dummies hanging from the trees in the yard look suspiciously like President Obama and Hillary Clinton.
- Almost everyone’s dressed as Daryl from “The Walking Dead” because what the heck, they already had a crossbow and a Harley.
- There’s no need for strobe lights when you can get the same effect by drinking what they’re mixing in the bathtub out back.
- Little Red Riding Hood has two full tattoo sleeves.
- Nobody dresses as ghosts because they don’t want to dirty their Klan robes.
- The witches are brewing meth.
- The winner of the scariest costume contest is dressed as a Democrat.
- The most popular costume is the “Sexy Cousin.”
- The pumpkin carving knife is covered in leftover squirrel meat.
- Everyone jumped from fright at the sight of an empty beer cooler.
- Any women dressed as a witch hears, “Oh, nice Hillary Clinton costume!”
- Not one person asks, “So, read any good books lately?”
SELENA GOMEZ just snagged the record for the most-liked picture on Instagram . . . and it’s PRODUCT PLACEMENT. It’s a shot of her drinking from a bottle of Coke through a straw.