We found a list online of everyday things you’ve probably never thought about. But they all have a purpose. Here are five we liked . . .
1. The hole in the top of a pen cap. It’s not some weird engineering thing that keeps it from drying out. It just makes the cap less of a hazard for little kids by keeping their airway open if they choke on it.
2. Sometimes when you buy nice clothes, there’s an extra piece of fabric in one of the pockets. It’s not there in case you need to make a patch. It’s there so you can test laundry detergent on it.
3. The little “fifth pocket” in your jeans was originally there to hold a pocket watch. And the metal rivets prevent the seams from ripping.
4. On a measuring tape, there’s usually a tiny hole in the hook at the end. It’s there so you can hook it onto a nail or a screw. And the bottom of the hook usually has little teeth, so you can use it to mark drywall while you’re measuring.
5. There’s a soft plastic disc under the lid of a two-liter soda bottle. Even if you take it out, the bottle might not leak. But it has to be there to make it airtight. Otherwise it would go flat a lot faster.
We know the main excuses for not going to the gym. You’re too tired, too busy, or too comfortable on the couch. But you can be more creative than THAT, right?
A new survey asked people for the most ridiculous excuse they’d ever used to get out of working out. Here are the five best . . .
- “I couldn’t go to the gym because my psychic said I was going to get a call from an old flame.”
- “I just did an eating contest and I can’t move.”
- “I slipped a disc putting on running socks.”
- “I couldn’t find a parking space at the gym so I didn’t go in.”
- “I was about to go, but my roommate had a coupon for 50% off at Dominos.”
(Photo: DJ… I mean… Radio Personality Allistar)
The website CareerCast.com released its annual list of the worst jobs in America. And newspaper reporter came in first. Their industry is just getting slammed.
And coming in at number four is . . . DISC JOCKEY. It’s not clear if they mean us, or the guy with the rental tux who DJ’d your step-sister’s wedding. Either way, we beg to differ. And also, we prefer the term “radio personality.” Thank you.
They based it on salary, job prospects, and stress . . . which was the main reasons DJ made the list. See what we go through for you every day? Here’s the top ten.
- Newspaper reporter. It took the top spot for the third year in a row.
- TV broadcaster.
- Disc jockey . . . I mean, ahem, radio personality.
- Member of the military, because of how dangerous and stressful it is.
- Pest control worker.
- Retail sales.
- Ad sales.
- Taxi driver.
Moody songstress Lana Del Rey has finally settled on a release date for her sophomore record. “Ultraviolence,” featuring the lead off single “West Coast,” will drop on June 17th in a variety of formats.
In addition to the standard release, “Ultraviolence” will have deluxe editions released on CD, vinyl and for download, and a “Collectors Box” edition which includes a picture disc on heavyweight vinyl, a Deluxe CD digipack and selected art prints.