You know what makes Valentine’s Day better? Distilling it down to a list of raw, cold facts. Hah!
We’ve got the results of a bunch of new Valentine’s Day surveys and studies here, and we pulled out the most interesting results from all of them. Here’s the state of love in 2017 by the numbers . . .
1. More than four out of five people are doing SOMETHING to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
2. 55% of people plan on having sex tonight. And 34% of women say they want sex more than ANYTHING ELSE tonight.
3. 46% think today should be a national holiday and a paid day off work.
4. Valentine’s Day is more likely to be an END than a beginning. 13% of people have dumped someone on Valentine’s Day . . . while 12% have gotten engaged.
5. 71% of couples will go out for dinner either tonight or another night this week to celebrate.
6. 87% of people will cheat on their diet during Valentine’s Day dinner. And 44% will order more expensive things than they normally do when they go out to eat.
7. The worst thing you can do to kill the mood at dinner tonight is use your phone too much. The other bad things you can do are: Being rude to your server . . . talking about your ex or politics . . . and having bad table manners.
8. 8% of people will spend more than $500 on Valentine’s Day this year. 3% of people will spend less than $10.
9. Men think they’re more romantic than women. The average man gives himself an eight out of 10 for romance . . . the average woman gives herself a six out of 10.
10. And finally, one out of five people think it’s okay to go on a first date tonight.
(PR Newswire / Daily Mail / ABC 6 – Providence / Bustle)
Hopefully you remember that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. That’s step one. Now we’ll get into the rest of the steps it takes to half-ass it tomorrow but not make it SUPER obvious.
Here are the results from a survey by Groupon that figured out the bare minimum amount of effort you need to put in to make it look like you tried on Valentine’s Day.
1. If you’re a man, spend $179 on gifts and dinner. If you’re a woman, spend $74.
2. Write at least FOUR sentences in a card.
3. Even if you’re planning a night out, make sure to buy SOME gift, even a small one. 26% of women and 19% of men would be disappointed if they didn’t get anything.
4. And make sure to plan some activity, even if it’s just dinner at home. 71% of people say it’s more important that you planned something than what it is specifically.
“Popular Science” posted an article on how to eat as much as humanly possible on Thanksgiving. So this is like the OPPOSITE of healthy eating tips. Here are the six things you should do if you really want to gorge yourself . . .
1. Don’t skip breakfast. You’ll eat too fast if you go in starving. So unless you’re doing a super early dinner, breakfast is okay. Just don’t eat for four or five hours beforehand.
2. Go for a brisk walk right before dinner. It’ll stimulate your appetite and help you digest any food that’s still in your stomach.
3. Take a few deep breaths before you start eating. It’s easier to pack a lot of food in when you’re relaxed. So some deep breathing should help.
4. Start out with carbs, like stuffing and mashed potatoes. Turkey has a lot of protein that makes you feel full. Plus, mashed potatoes don’t require much chewing. And too much chewing tricks your brain into thinking you’re fuller than you really are.
5. Don’t eat any vegetables. They have a lot of fiber, which expands in your stomach. And liquid takes up a lot of room, so don’t drink too much either.
6. Take a break and go for another walk. It’ll help you digest, so you’ll have room for more. And if you basically just ate carbs, your stomach will be pretty empty again in 30 to 90 minutes.
Kardashian | Photo Credit:Eva Rinaldi
KIM KARDASHIAN was held at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room yesterday, by two men who were dressed as police, but also wearing masks. Kim is there for Paris Fashion Week.
The men broke into the room, but it’s unclear if they stole anything.
Kim’s rep said, quote, “She is badly shaken but physically unharmed.”
Kanye West was actually onstage at the Meadows Music and Arts Festival in New York City when he heard the news.
He was in the middle of “Heartless” when he stopped cold and told the crowd, quote, “I’m sorry. I have an emergency, I have to stop the show.”
Witnesses say a man ran onstage to tell Kanye what happened . . . and before he realized how serious things were, he tried to ignore him, because he was in the middle of performing.
Before the incident, Kim attended a runway show, and had dinner with her sister KOURTNEY.
It’s not clear where her kids were when break-in happened.
There was a discussion on Reddit where actual guys said what they want for Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’ll give you a few ideas. Or not. These are their actual words.
- “A couples’ deep tissue massage . . . about an hour in the steam room . . . ice cold beer . . . a medium-rare porterhouse, baked potato, mushroom, salad dinner . . . and relax to an action movie of my choice.”
- “I personally prefer experiences over material objects. Make me dinner, give me a gift certificate that says I can tie you up and have my way with you, or take me on a road trip.”
- “A Darth Vader onesie.”
- “Things that I’ll use. A nice wallet, sunglasses, Chapstick, a nice coffee cup.”
- “Something that gets me a little closer to my dreams or hobbies.”
- “The greatest gift is that my old lady and I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day.”
- (CAREFUL!) “Enthusiastic oral sex.”
- “Kinky sex. Seriously, it may sound cheap or insincere but, as a man, there is nothing I want more than to have it my way on Valentine’s Day.”
- “Two tickets to see my favorite team play.”
- “A day with my girlfriend alone, no clocks, no cellphones, only her . . . and sex.”