Cat lovers are going to hate this study. Researchers recently had people judge how attractive strangers were by looking at pictures of them with different PETS. And having a DOG makes you seem much sexier than having a cat.
The sexiest pet to have if you’re a man is a PUPPY. People thought guys were 24% sexier when they were holding a puppy . . . 14% more trustworthy . . . 7% smarter . . . and 14% more attractive overall.
Cats only made guys 5% sexier. Kittens had even LESS of an effect, at 4%.
Once that puppy grows up, it won’t have much of an effect though. Small and medium dogs only made guys 3% sexier, and large dogs only gave them a 2% boost. But overall, guys were seen as slightly more attractive with dogs than cats.
If you’re a WOMAN, the sexiest pet to have is a MEDIUM-SIZED DOG. They made women seem 7% sexier . . . 7% more trustworthy . . . 6% smarter . . . and 7% more attractive overall.
Posing with a cat actually made women slightly LESS sexy, and kittens basically had no effect. Puppies gave women a 3% boost in sexiness . . . small dogs, 4% . . . and large dogs, 3%.
(Check out more stats from the study here.)
Even if you’re single, maybe you won’t feel alone today thanks to your cat or dog. But if you’re single and don’t have a pet . . . um, no offense, I guess?
According to a new survey, 54% of people with pets are giving them a Valentine’s gift this year. And that makes sense, because we’re in VERY affectionate relationships with them.
91% tell their pets they love them . . . 70% let them sleep in their bed . . . and 32% kiss them on the lips, bacteria be damned.
“Cosmo” posted a list of things a “hot” guy can do that instantly make him NOT hot. Which doesn’t really work for women . . . because if a guy wants to sleep with you, you could murder someone and it wouldn’t change his mind.
Here are the top ten things that can make a hot guy not hot, according to “Cosmo” . . .
- Being rude to a waiter, or not tipping enough. Or just acting like he’s better than someone who’s in a service job.
- Being a complete idiot. You can be KINDA dumb and still be datable. You just can’t be a TOTAL moron.
- Acting like he KNOWS he’s hot. You should be confident, but not cocky.
- Talking about himself too much. Even if you’re hot, you have to act like you’re at least somewhat interested in the other person.
- Being selfish in bed. Again, just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean it’s all about you.
- Having terrible body odor. Because if you smell bad enough, it doesn’t matter what you look like.
- Constantly checking out other women. If an ugly guy does it, it’s just kind of pathetic. But if it’s a good-looking guy, you have to worry more about him cheating.
- Being mean to your pet. Women will basically side with their dog or cat no matter what. Even if it pees everywhere and ruins their stuff, it’s still their “baby.”
- He talks about all of his ex-girlfriends like they’re crazy. It’s a sign he’ll just blame YOU for everything, and he’ll never admit when he’s wrong.
- He insults you. You could be the best looking guy in the world, but if you make a woman feel bad about herself, she won’t want to be with you.
A guy in Portland, Oregon named Ted Nelson looked out his window on Monday, and saw a dog had slipped through a railing on a 14th floor balcony across the street. (We don’t know how old Ted is, but he looks like he’s in his 30’s.)
The dog was a five-year-old Bichon Frise named Mordy. (It’s pronounced ‘bee-szhawn free-zay.) And as soon as Ted saw him on the edge of the balcony, he ran across the street to yell up to the owners.
But while he was standing there, Mordy lost his balance . . . fell 14 stories . . . and Ted CAUGHT him. Bichons aren’t big dogs . . . they usually weigh about ten pounds. But that’s not tiny either.
Ted says Mordy hit him in the chest, so he tried to grab him with his arms. But he slipped through and landed on the ground. Still, that slowed him down enough, and he survived.
Ted and his girlfriend rushed him to a vet, but Mordy only ended up with a few bumps and bruises. His owners say they’re extremely thankful Ted did what he did. Apparently they had no idea the railing was big enough for him to fit through.
Ted’s okay too, and he’s actually done something like this before. He saw a cat about to fall off a balcony in the same building last year. But that time the owners heard him yelling and grabbed it before it fell.
If you had to sum up the Internet in two words, “cat videos” might not be a bad call. But HOW did they become that much of an obsession?
Scientists at Indiana University have finally figured it out.
They had people assess their moods before they watched a few cat videos on YouTube, then assess their moods after.
And once people had watched a few, they felt happier, more energetic, more positive, less anxious, and less annoyed. They also didn’t feel any GUILT over procrastinating for the sake of cat videos.
Those are a lot of the same results we get from actually being with a cat and petting it. So the researchers think that translates over the Internet, and THAT’S why we love watching cats online.
By the way, cat videos get more average views than any other type of videos on YouTube. There were more than two million cat videos uploaded last year, and they got almost 26 BILLION views.