BusinessInsider.com just analyzed Census data to figure out how the average American spends their day. Here’s the full breakdown . . .
- Sleeping, eight hours and 48 minutes.
- Working, three hours and 36 minutes. That’s because weekends and unemployed people pull the average way down.
- Watching TV, two hours and 49 minutes.
- Doing stuff around the house, one hour and 46 minutes.
- Leisure activities like surfing the internet, one hour and 29 minutes.
- Eating and drinking, one hour and 10 minutes.
- Personal care, including showering, 47 minutes.
- Shopping, 44 minutes.
- Taking care of and helping other people, 43 minutes.
- Socializing and communicating, 43 minutes.
- Activities like going to church, 33 minutes.
- Education, 25 minutes.
- Exercise and sports, 17 minutes.
- Communicating over the phone, text, and email, eight minutes.
(That comes out to about 24 hours and nine minutes, because of rounding.)
What’s the sexiest accent in the world? The winner by a landslide was . . . a BRITISH accent.
We think that’s a pretty bold claim. Sure, it might sound sexy when James Bond is introducing himself. But do you also find it sexy when some chimney sweep is spouting cockney jibberish? Also, when would either of those things ever happen?
Apparently people can get past that . . . because the British accent was voted the sexiest accent in the world by a LANDSLIDE. 27% of people say it’s the world’s sexiest accent. The second place accent only got 8.7% of the vote.
And that second place accent was . . . the AMERICAN accent. I’m thinking people mean the genteel Southern accent. Or maybe a harmless Midwest accent. Not, like, Boston.
The 10 sexiest accents are: British . . . American . . . Irish . . . Australian . . . French . . . Italian . . . Spanish . . . Scottish . . . Latin American . . . and Scandinavian.
Billy Idol has announced dates for a North American tour in the New Year.
In support of his forthcoming album, “Kings & Queens Of The Underground”, Idol will launch a theatre tour at the House Of Blues in New Orleans on January 21.
Additional shows will be announced soon.
Tickets for most of the North American concerts will go on sale this Friday, October 10.
Idol will launch a world tour with a fall run across Europe starting November 5 at the 02 Academy in Birmingham, UK.
Due October 21, “Kings & Queens Of The Underground” is Idol’s first new album in almost a decade.
The singer recently released the project’s lead single, “Can’t Break Me Down.”
2015 North American tour
- Jan 21 – House Of Blues – New Orleans, LA
- Jan 22 – The Tabernacle – Atlanta, GA
- Jan 24 – Tower Theatre – Upper Darby, PA
- Jan 25 – Lincoln Theatre – Washington, DC
- Jan 28 – Beacon Theatre – New York, NY
- Jan 31 – Orpheum Theatre – Boston, MA
- Feb 03 – Metropolis – Montreal, QC
- Feb 04 – Massey Hall – Toronto, ON
- Feb 07 – Riviera Theatre – Chicago, IL
- Feb 09 – Paramount Theatre – Denver, CO
- Feb 12 – Queen Elizabeth Theatre – Vancouver, BC
- Feb 13 – Paramount Theatre – Seattle, WA
- Feb 15 – The Fox Theatre – Oakland, CA
- Feb 18 – The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA