As far as I’m concerned, there’s no reason to ever pay more than a buck for a taco. So I CERTAINLY won’t be spending 25,000 times more than that.
A restaurant at the Grand Velas Los Cabos resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico just added a taco to their menu that costs $25,000. So what makes it that expensive?
- A corn tortilla infused with gold flakes.
- Kobe beef, rare Norwegian lobster, and caviar.
- Black truffle brie cheese.
- A salsa made out of chili peppers, expensive tequila, and civet coffee beans . . . which are coffee beans that are POOPED OUT by a little cat called a civet.
- And gold leaves on top.
Even with all those fancy ingredients, I still feel like they’re making GREAT margins on this thing.
But if you’re going all-in, the restaurant also sells a tequila that goes for $150,000 a bottle.
Earlier this month, JOHNNY DEPP accused his former business managers of screwing him royally . . . and he sued them for more than $25 million. Well, they just filed court papers saying Johnny screwed himself with his ridiculous spending.
And they gave examples. Like the $75 million he’s spent on 14 different residences . . . his $18 million luxury yacht . . . and the $30,000 he spends on wine EVERY MONTH.
He also paid $3 million to blast the ashes of author HUNTER THOMPSON out of a cannon.
The papers say, quote, “Depp lived an ultra-extravagant lifestyle that often knowingly cost in excess of $2 million per month to maintain, which he simply could not afford.
“Depp, and Depp alone, is fully responsible for any financial turmoil he finds himself in today.”
(You can read the whole thing here.)
Want to make a grown man cry? Tell him he’s only so-so at his job.
According to a new study, men are more likely than women to cry after a performance review at work. 25% of men say they’ve cried after one, versus 18% of women.
Men are also more likely to storm out of their review and quit. 28% of men have quit after a bad review, versus 11% of women.
The study also found two-thirds of both employees and managers think formal performance reviews are outdated and a waste of time.
And 55% think all performance reviews should be eliminated.
There’s a 44-year-old guy in New York named Peter Shankman who does business seminars all over the world. So he racks up a lot of frequent flyer miles, and uses most of them to get plane tickets for his friends and family.
But he’s also using a bunch of them this year to buy tickets for complete STRANGERS who can’t afford to fly home for Christmas.
He’s been asking people to explain why they deserve a free ticket on the site Imgur.com. (Pronounced image-er.)
The ones who get the most votes by 5:00 P.M. Eastern today will get the tickets. So HE’S not choosing who gets them, the Internet is. (It’s probably too late to get in on the action, but this story explains how to apply for a free ticket.)
He says he has enough miles to fly three or four people round-trip. Or more depending on where each person’s going.
If this sounds familiar, it’s because he did the same thing last year. And he also sent six people home for the holidays back in 2013, which inspired OTHER people to do it. So about 25 people ended up getting free tickets that year.
By the way, if YOU have a bunch of frequent flyer miles you want to donate to someone, there’s actually a website you can go through now called Abroaders.com.
(Imgur / Lansing State Journal)
It’s time to find out if you’ve been doing very basic things in a STRANGE way without even realizing it.
Buzzfeed just put out a quiz to find out how “normal” people do some basic, everyday things. Here’s what they found . . .
- 48% of people sit on public toilet seats. 27% squat or hover over them, and 25% use a seat cover or put down a layer of toilet paper.
- You know how your earbuds say “L” and “R”? 91% of people follow that and put the corresponding bud in the correct ear.
- 79% of people cut their sandwiches diagonally. Only 21% cut them down the middle.
- Only 42% of people shower in the morning, the other 58% shower at night.
- 97% of people wear their watch with the face on the outside of their wrist. 3% have the face on the inside.
- And 5% of people eat pizza by starting with the crust.