I don’t think anyone would be surprised that it can be unprofessional to have a super messy desk. But you might not see THIS one coming: It also might be unprofessional to have a desk that’s too CLEAN.
A new survey found 54% of bosses say it’s a red flag when one of their employees’ desks is too messy. But 10% say they’re suspicious of an employee whose desk is too CLEAN.
They didn’t get into the reasons why, but we’re thinking it could be because a clean desk makes it seem like your workload is too light because you have enough time to constantly straighten up.
And since a messy desk can be linked to creativity, having a clean one could show you’re too uptight and un-creative.
The survey also found 15% of bosses have had an employee hang up something inappropriate in their cubicle.
It’s good to see everyone’s got their priorities in order.
A new survey asked people what important events they’d skip if their favorite NFL team was in the Super Bowl and they had a chance to be there live. Here are the results . . .
- 23% would skip a vacation.
- 21% would bail on important work.
- 20% would skip a close friend or family member’s wedding.
- 19% would skip a close friend or family member’s FUNERAL.
- And 15% would miss the birth of their child.
Do you find it really hard to pick something to watch on Netflix? Like, there are SO many choices, but you just keep scrolling and saying things like, “Do I REALLY want to commit to start watching ‘Jessica Jones’ right now?”
According to a new study, we spend an average of 18 minutes trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix or other streaming services. We’re actually faster when we are looking for something to watch on old-fashioned TV . . . that takes us nine minutes.
BUT . . . when you add it all up, the average person spends 15 months of their LIFE trying to decide what to watch.
DWAYNE ‘THE ROCK’ JOHNSON has topped Forbes.com’s annual list of ‘The Highest Paid Actors in World.’ He raked in $64.5 million over the past 12 months.
ROBERT DOWNEY JR. had been #1 in each of the past three years. This year, he’s tied for eighth. But you can save your sympathy, he still raked in $33 million.
The list also includes FOREIGN actors. JACKIE CHAN finished at #2 for the second straight year, and several Bollywood actors also made the cut.
Here’s the Top 20:
1. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, $64.5 million
2. Jackie Chan, $61 million . . . mostly from the Chinese box office, obviously.
3. Matt Damon, $55 million
4. Tom Cruise, $53 million
5. Johnny Depp, $48 million . . . that doesn’t include the $7 million he lost in his divorce settlement with Amber Heard.
6. Ben Affleck, $43 million
7. Vin Diesel, $35 million
8. A tie between Robert Downey Jr. and Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, with $33 million each
10. A tie between Brad Pitt and Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, with $31.5 million each
12. A tie between Adam Sandler and Mark Wahlberg, with $30 million each
14. Bollywood actor Salman Khan, $28.5 million
15. Leonardo DiCaprio, $27 million
16. Chris Pratt, $26 million
17. Will Smith, $20.5 million
18. Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, $20 million
19. Matthew McConaughey, $18 million
20. Harrison Ford, $15 million
The actors who dropped off the list this year include: Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper, Jonah Hill, Liam Neeson, Chris Hemsworth, and Seth Rogen.
(You can revisit the highest paid actresses list, here.)
20-year-old Tara Monroe is a junior at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. She got a DUI in March and her license was suspended. But she needed a fast way to get around campus, and she says, quote, “riding a bike sucks.”
So . . . she bought a pink Barbie TOY JEEP off Craigslist. It runs on a 12-volt battery and maxes out at five miles per hour. It also looks ridiculous when an adult is driving it.
She’s been spotted in it all over the campus . . . which has led to TONS of people posting pictures of her on social media. She says, quote, “This is the best way I could’ve gotten my 15 minutes of fame.”
Toy Barbie Jeep to Class