Here are some random facts for you . . .
- American cheese was invented by a Canadian guy. James Kraft was born in Canada in 1874, moved to Chicago in 1903, and created American cheese in 1916.
- Iowa has the fewest official state items, like state bird, state flower, or state drink . . . they’ve only got eight. Massachusetts has the most . . . they’ve got 44.
- WWE WrestleMania was almost called the Colossal Tussle. That was the name Vince McMahon came up with back in 1985. (WrestleMania 31 is Sunday night.)
- There’s only one person who’s ever won a Nobel Prize AND an Oscar. George Bernard Shaw won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1925 and the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay in 1938 . . . both for “Pygmalion”.Al Gore ALMOST won both . . . he got the Nobel Prize, but the Oscar for “An Inconvenient Truth” went to the director, Davis Guggenheim.
- America tried to buy Greenland back in 1946, and offered Denmark $100 million . . . but got turned down.