I think we can all guess what kind of person you are if you order plain vanilla ice cream in a cup. But beyond that, I’ve never really thought about ice cream as a complex psychological window into the mind.
Well . . . someone did. Baskin-Robbins just hired a “behavioral food expert” to analyze what people’s ice cream preferences say about their personalities. And here’s what they found . . .
- People who eat ice cream cones are IDEALISTS. People who get their ice cream in a bowl and cup are more rational.
- People who like sundaes are open, passionate, and motivated.
- Optimists are most likely to order cookies and cream or chocolate chip cookie dough. Realists are more likely to get chocolate.
- People who eat ice cream out of the carton are resourceful, dependent, and introverted.
- And people who like milkshakes are fearless, impulsive, and young at heart.