A therapist recently posted a list online of eight signs you’re on the verge of a nervous breakdown. If only a few of them apply, you might just be a little stressed out. But if they ALL sound way too familiar, take it seriously . . .
- You have escape fantasies. Like you want to pick up and leave everything behind.
- You feel like you have no downtime. Which is common if you have kids. But it can also be a sign of anxiety and depression.
- You struggle to make simple decisions. It might be because your body’s producing too much of the stress hormone cortisol.
- You’ve stopped socializing completely. You don’t even WANT to, because you’re too overwhelmed with everything else. So it feels like work.
- You can’t sleep. It’s a classic sign of anxiety and depression.
- You’re having panic attacks. Obviously it’s a sign you’re dealing with major anxiety.
- You’re self-sabotaging. A common example is going out drinking when you know you have to wake up early. Stress-eating is another one.
- It feels like you keep failing at everything. Which probably isn’t true. But if you feel like you’re constantly failing at work AND at home, you might be depressed.