The “New York Post” has compiled a list of jobs that celebrities supposedly had before they were famous.
Some of them are fairly well known in pop culture, like that ANGELINA JOLIE working as a funeral director. And some of them aren’t 100% accurate . . . like the fact that Angelina Jolie DIDN’T actually work as a funeral director, she just SAID that was one of her backup plans if the acting thing didn’t work out.
So, take these for what they are. Here are 25 highlights. . .
- Wyclef Jean was a gypsy cab driver. Kids, that’s like an old-school Uber
- Nicole Kidman was a massage therapist in Australia.
- Jennifer Aniston was a bike messenger and a waitress.
- Julia Roberts was a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream scooper.
- Beyoncé used to sweep up hair at her mother’s salon.
- Demi Moore was a debt collector.
- Meryl Streep was a high school cheerleader. Rumor has it she was also nominated for Homecoming Queen every year, whether she deserved it or not. (???)
- Bill Murray used to sell chestnuts outside a Chicago grocery store.
- Gwen Stefani mopped floors at a Dairy Queen in Southern California.
- Matthew McConaughey cleaned chicken coops.
- Martha Stewart used to baby-sit Mickey Mantle’s four boys.
- Rod Stewart was a soccer player.
- Whoopi Goldberg worked in a mortuary, making up dead people’s faces.
- Elvis Costello worked at a bank as a data entry clerk.
- Jay-Z was a drug dealer.
- Morgan Freeman was a “radar technician” for the U.S. Air Force.
- Eddie Vedder worked nights as a hotel security guard.
- Channing Tatum was a male stripper, obviously.
- Patrick Dempsey was a juggler.
- Victoria Beckham appeared on a BBC sex-education show.
- Ozzy Osbourne worked a daily 9-to-5 in a slaughterhouse.
- Mick Jagger was a porter in a mental hospital.
- Mark Wahlberg modeled Calvin Klein BVDs, as EVERYONE knows by now.
- Cyndi Lauper was a pop singer known for songs like “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” and “Time After Time”. Oh, wait! That was her famous period. So let’s see . . . before that she cleaned the cages at a dog-kennel.
- Keith Richards was a ball boy in a tennis club.
(Jedis: At this point, maybe you can add in a job that YOU used to do . . . before scoring your glamorous job in radio.)
(For the whole list, hit up PageSix.com.)